Friday, August 9, 2013

time out

Hello to anyone still out there, I am amazed you have stuck around.

I'm writing to let you know that I am feeling very little love for this blog at the moment. Writing about what I eat and when I exercise has started to feel trivial.

It's pretty easy to eat healthier and exercise regularly, but alas I have failed to make these changes. Whether I achieved this or not though, it doesn't deserve front page news. So why should I dedicate a blog to it?

I thought a blog might be a way to motivate myself, to be accountable. But instead of being a motivator, it has often left me angry and frustrated, particularly when I haven't achieved my goals. And when you are the ultimate editor, it's too easy to leave out the 'naughty' behaviours.

In fact, I am currently at my heaviest weight ever. That's pretty conclusive evidence that this blog has not contributed to me achieving my healthy and fitness goals. Now obviously I'm not blaming the blog for gaining weight, that is entirely my fault, but the blog hasn't been a useful tool in helping me to steer myself in a different direction.

So, where does this leave us? My Instagram account will still heavily feature fitness and food related pics and I will probably still write a post every now and then, but it won't be exclusively about health and fitness. Often I feel the need to share my thoughts or opinions about a number of issues, so they'll probably feature a little more often.

I hope you've enjoyed sharing this journey with me, but for now I'll say "see ya later". It's time for a time out.

- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment