Thursday, April 18, 2013

strong

"The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong." Swami Vivekananda

Have you ever thought about the word 'strong'?

It can indicate great physical strength or ability withstand pressure. Strong can even indicate intensity (e.g., a strong smell).

I want to be strong. I want physical strength. I want the strength to resist overeating.

Not only do I want to be strong, I am also inspired by strong, fit people. Particularly strong and fit women, with a bit of brain power thrown in if possible.

These are the kinda women I'm talking about...








This is by no means a definitive list, but these are well-known women that I believe to be strong, fit and inspirational in their own way.

But how can I be stronger?

Recently I read some of my earlier posts and I found them interesting, almost inspiring. But as the months went by, the posts become negative and full of excuses. Now I'm nearly back at my starting weight. Clearly, I am not very strong at moment.

Rather than perpetuate this dialogue of constant disappointment and lack of discipline. I'm am turning this blog (and myself) around. I am not just going to track my progress here, I am going to motivate myself here.

Sharing my set backs and failures has been somewhat cathartic, but I can't keep on making excuses. I can't keep on indulging in this self-pity and acceptance of mediocrity.

So... get ready for an onslaught of motivation, positivity and progress. And if you want more of these new vibes, check out @withaflugelhorn on Instagram.


- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment