Tuesday, April 16, 2013

today

Today I was going to write a post about choosing to be strong and fit, about being motivated by strong, independent women. But things don't always turn out the way you plan and today I woke up to news of the Boston Bombing.

While the motivation behind this attack is currently unclear, what is apparent is that these incidents can occur anywhere, at any time.

But in times of great loss, people can also find great strength.

I was in London during the 2005 bombings and though many businesses closed their doors for the day, people didn't retreat. The pubs were full of people contemplating and discussing the day's events, and others congregated in the streets. It brought people closer together.

So instead of aspiring to be strong and fit, today I am aspiring to connect more with those close to me and to live life to fullest.

- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment