Friday, April 19, 2013

weekend walkabout challenge

The days may be getting shorter and colder, but that's no reason to stay slumped on the couch all weekend.

Personally I love the colder days. Not only do I get to layer my clothes and wear my much-loved scarves, but I don't get hot and bothered so easily while exercising. And that crisp air can be goddamn refreshing.

I love the colder weather!

The change of season also means that footy is back, which means I am now sans boyfriend every Saturday.

So what to do on these chilly days as a lady of leisure?

Set a Weekend Walkabout Challenge, of course!

Over the next six weekends I'm going to tackle six different walking trails. I figure this is the perfect opportunity for me to explore more of Victoria, get active and enjoy some downtime. And it's a great way to make the most of the Autumn weather, before Winter well and truly sets in.

For anyone else that wants to partake in this 6 week challenge, I have devised a little plan that can help inspire your walks, wherever they may be.


My current itinerary looks something like this
4 May - Gold Heritage Trail, Warrandyte State Park
11 May - Point Nepean National Park
18 May - Two Bays Walking Track (partial)
25 May - tbd

I might be flexible with the locations, but I will definitely stick the 'themes'.

So what are you doing this weekend?

Want to go on walkabout too?

I know I'm ready for "a spontaneous journey through the wilderness of one's choosing in an effort to satisfy one's itchy feet, a need to be elsewhere, the craving for the open road, that space over the horizon".

- Dani

PS. If you want to enjoy your walks with a canine friend, this is a great guide for dog friendly walks near Melbourne - Walking your Dog in Victoria's Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment