Tuesday, December 4, 2012

goals

I'm aching all over, struggling to breathe and all I want to do is curl up in bed. Yep, I am sick.

So I guess the exercise plan isn't exactly going to be adhered to with military precision. (Understatement.) And there are a couple of red flags this week. (Not ideal.)

Whether I like it or not shit happens. Every second of my life can't be planned and executed perfectly, so I need to think of the bigger picture when things get a little haywire.

To get past a bad day or two, or even an entire slump, I've developed some goals. And I'm going to achieve these goals regardless of my ability to 'stick to the plan'.

December goals
- Weigh less than 80kg
- Run 3km non-stop outdoors (record time and aim to beat it)
- Row 500m as fast as possible (record time and aim to beat it)
- Plank on toes for 1 min (more if possible)
- Burn >3000 calories during workouts in one week

January goals
- Weigh less than 78kg
- Run 3km non-stop outdoors (record time and aim to beat it)
- Row 500m as fast as possible (record time)
- Plank on toes for 1 min 30 secs (more if possible)
- Burn >3000 calories during workouts in one week

February goals
- Weigh less than 76kg
- Run 5km non-stop outdoors (record time and aim to beat it)
- Row 500m under 2 mins
- Plank on toes for 2 mins
- Burn >3000 calories during workouts in one week - twice

I think my goals are realistic and I intend to re-evaluate them at the end of each month.

But right now I'm going to focus on drinking lots of water, filling my body with essential vitamins & nutrients, and getting plenty of rest. (Woe is me.)

- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment