Thursday, May 9, 2013

just add water

It is good to be flexible every now and then, so when I was asked to drive to Seafood on Saturday, I decided to go with it. This meant that instead of visiting the Gold Heritage Trail at Warrandyte State Park for 'a touch of history', I headed to the Seaford foreshore.

Seaford Pier - the starting location

Though the Seaford foreshore walking track doesn't have the most alluring scenery or challenging elements, it was a suitable substitute.


It is very flat and fairly sandy, and unfortunately very close to a main road. But there a couple of information signs with facts about the area, which keeps things a little educational.


Rather than walk up and down the same path, I crossed the Nepean Highway and headed back along the Kananook walking trail, which runs along Kananook Creek.


The Kananook walking trail is also lacking a little edge, but there were ducks aplenty, which entertained me greatly (much more than it probably should have).


I covered 8.35km in an hour and a half, but due to the flat terrain, only burned approx 700 calories.


As was evident by the number of locals walking/jogging along the foreshore, this walk demonstrates that you don't need to drive out to a National Park to find a reasonable walking trail. And while I am currently enjoying exploring new areas, this is probably not sustainable in the long term (at least not every weekend).


So get out there, enjoy the outdoors. I cannot express how happy I am that I set this challenge for myself. It is pushing me to do more outside and I'm really enjoying it. Sometimes it is nice to do something just for fun.

- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment