Wednesday, May 29, 2013

mini veg frittatas

I recently rediscovered my food processor, and I have to admit, I'm in love.

It can slice, grate, chop... tuck me in bed at night. Ha! Ok, not quite. But it does a lot and what is there not to love about that.

So what to do about my new found love? Get slicing and grating, of course!


Mini veg frittatas
Serves 6

Ingredients
1 carrot, grated
1 zucchini, grated
1/2 brown onion, grated
3 eggs
25g cheese (parmesan, cheddar, ricotta... whatever suits you)
Optional - I added chilli, but you can add herbs instead, just something for a touch more flavour


Method
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a 6 hole muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Cook grated carrot, zucchini and onion (and optional chilli/herbs) in a fry pan for 5-10 minutes until the vegetables soften. (Note - you might want to add some water to assist this process)
3. Lightly whisk three eggs in a bowl and add cooked vegetables.
4. Divide egg and veg mixture evenly between paper cases and sprinkle cheese on top.
5. Bake in oven for approximately 10-15 minutes.


You can serve immediately, keep as a great snack or even a quick breakfast. And you don't need to stick to the recipe, you can use any mix of veggies! (Although I personally love the texture of the shredded carrot and zucchini.)

I used cheddar and chilli in this batch, so each mini frittatas was approx 70 calories.


- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment