Tuesday, November 20, 2012

finale

Ah Sydney, how you delight and confuse me with your shiny lights and traffic chaos. Luckily, I had a constant guide, my lovely sister, to direct me through the madness. But what a weekend it was.

For those of you not partaking in the Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation, at the end of each round (there are 4 rounds this year) the 12wbt team throws a group workout and finale party in one major city - this round it was in Sydney. I decided to check it out and get some quality bonding time with my Sydney-sider sister.

Chelle and I arrived at the group workout nice and early (almost bang-on 9am), and the crowd was fairly small. As we visited the sponsor tents and tried one of the challenges (burpees - what was I thinking?), the crowd grew and grew until there were supposedly 1000 people there.

Fitness heat #2

The fitness heats/final made the morning truly inspiring. Some 12wbters have made the most remarkable transformations. I have struggled a little with a "I can't do this" mentality, but seeing all these people made me start to believe that I can.


The group workout was... intense at times and somewhat bizarre at others. There was lots of running forward and clapping, bouncing around (I'd wish I worn an extra sports bra) and enthusiasm. One of the group activities even left many of us with scuffed knees - not ideal before a cocktail night. But no one was complaining (and you'd certainly hope not given the number of t-shirts emblazoned with 'JFDI').


Chelle & I left the group workout feeling buggered and hungry, oh and a tad sunburnt.

***

One burger, nap and shower later, and I was ready to par-tay!!!


The cocktail party was, once again, inspiring and a fantastic bonding moment for Chelle and I. We completely embraced the let-your-hair-down vibe and made full use of the bar and photo booth. (If you'll remember from my previous posts, abstaining from alcohol while out is not one of my strengths.)


It was probably one of the best weekends my sister and I have had together in quite a while. I am feeling inspired and motivated, and Chelle is even thinking of doing the Lean and Fit 12wbt in the new year (which is yet even more motivation for me).

I am not feeling very prepared for Round 4 at the moment but I am not concerned, because after the weekend I just had, I feel ready to tackle anything.

- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment