Friday, November 9, 2012

bucket list

As round 3 (2012) of the 12 week body transformation wraps up, it has gotten me thinking about my failures/weaknesses and my successes/strengths.

It will come as no surprise to you all that I have more weaknesses than strengths, definitely more failures than successes.

But all is not lost. While thinking about the hurdles I faced I also started thinking of solutions, one of which is a 'bucket list'. Not just any ordinary bucket list, a bucket list with social activities that are not centred around food or alcohol (crazy!).

So here are some of my ideas so far
  • Rock climbing
  • Go-kart racing
  • Go to the ballet or a show
  • Mini-golf (incl glow-in-the-dark mini golf)
  • Ice skating
  • Walks (e.g., Kokoda Memorial walk, Hanging Rock trail)

I also put the idea out to my friends and... they all love it! They all threw in their own suggestions...
  • Bike riding
  • 1000 steps
  • Golf
  • Paintball
  • Lawn bowls
  • Water sports
  • Camping
  • No light no lycra
  • Craft nights
  • Frisbee in the park

Firstly, I am so excited that all my friends are on board with this initiative. And secondly, I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner.

Being fit and healthy doesn't need to be hard work.

Now we just need to make it happen.

- Dani

Oh and... I signed up for Round 4! I wasn't going to, but I think I've made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment