Friday, November 23, 2012

happy, healthy, fit

Hello!

12wbt Round 4 has well and truly kicked-off and yes, I have been deviating from the plan. Unlike last round though, this is not freaking me out (and I no longer feel like a failure). I know that I'm still exercising (goddamn intermediate toning sessions are hard) and that my nutrition is ok (but it could be better).

Not 12wbt, but not bad either

The next few months are all about warmer weather, get-togethers and frivolity. So to reach my goals during this hectic time, I am focusing on two things: discipline and positivity.

These would have to be two of my weakest areas - I'm not disciplined (at all) and I'm not a very positive person either. Focusing on my weight and fitness has made me very 'me-centric' and I was often in a state of disappointment.

But this time I'm not going to be disappointed because
1. I will have a plan and I will be organised
2. I will follow through, I will stick to the plan, I will be disciplined (and when the unpredictable occurs, I will make suitable adjustments)
3. I am focusing on the positive elements of my life, elements that don't stimulate stress, elements that are within my immediate control (e.g., I will focus on my improving fitness, I will not stress about how unfit I feel)

And this inspired my new mantra.
Happy. Healthy. Fit.

All of these things are within my control and none of these need to be stressful. I want to be happier, healthier, fitter person. A person that I can be proud of. (And it really shouldn't be that hard.)

At the moment these are just words, but I am putting them into practise. I have already planned my meals and exercise schedule for next week. The shopping list is ready too. I have also adopted a colour system to monitor how well I stick to the plan.

It is no longer about 'I can' or 'I will' do this, but 'I am'... I am doing this! (And you can do it too!)


- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment