Tuesday, November 27, 2012

it's all about the lifestyle

I said I'd plan, I said I'd follow through, but... I'm still working on it. My weekend involved unplanned meals, a bit of alcohol and lots of activity. I definitely have a long way to go, but in general, I am leading a more active lifestyle and it is fantastic!

Firstly, I went to a yoga class during lunchtime on Friday. It was tough and I was sweaty. I normally avoid midday classes because it feels inappropriate returning to work looking like a sweaty beetroot. But do you know what? I'm really glad I did it. It wasn't easy - I'm not very good at yoga - but it was a great way to break up my day. 

So I have a new goal - get better at yoga.

I did all of these poses, well I tried to

Saturday morning was stinking hot and I pushed through the Super Saturday Session down by the beach. It was up to 27.5 degrees by the time I left. (Whoa!)


I completed all 4 rounds fairly quickly (and I certainly didn't burn 1000 calories), but I got slower and weaker each time. So I know I have a lot of improving to do.

But my Saturday activities didn't end there...


My girlfriends and I hit up the driving range! And I cannot express enough just how much fun we had. It is amazing how much it works your forearm muscles and you are constantly engaging your core to maintain posture. Of course, constantly laughing at our lack of talent helped too.

A late lunch and few wines later, I found myself at a house party. Dangerous territory. But I took one bottle of cider and when it was finished, that was it. I stopped drinking alcohol for the night. Hallelujah!


Sunday was a little less successful. I planned a fantastic BBQ with lots of great, mostly healthy, salads, etc. But I had a few drinks and probably nibbled a little too much. When there is food around all the time it becomes much harder to monitor intake and know when to stop. Given that it is the season for BBQs though, I guess this is something that I'm just going to have to work on.


Overall it was a great weekend and though I have a few things to work on, things definitely seem to be getting better.

How was your weekend? Any stories to share?

- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment