Tuesday, September 25, 2012

the good, the bad and the... hungry

As part of my transformation I am trying to have a more positive outlook, but as I enter week 5 of the 12wbt I realise I'm feeling a little on the fence. There is good and there is bad, but I'm embracing both.

The positives
I am loving the workouts. I'm not participating in as many classes as I would have liked and I don't always train 6 times a week, but I am pushing it 100% in every session and occasionally adding a little more. The workouts are making me feel like my old, sporty, competitive self again - it is great!


A huge, massive positive for me is that *drum roll please* I'm eating breakfast!


I'm eating 12wbt meals approximately 50% of the time and 75% of my meals/snacks are healthy... so I can't complain about that. The 12wbt meals have been surprisingly delicious too!

The negatives
So this is where I hit a low - the other 25% of my meals... it's not good. I revert back to old behaviours (weekend drinks), old comfort foods (creamy pasta) and old excuses ("It's ok, I've barely eaten anything all day"). And most of the time, I don't even enjoy it!


I know it is my mind craving these things rather than my body, but I find it so hard to not give in to temptation.

Additional to these moments of weakness, I've also been getting very hungry, particularly at night and occasionally in the afternoons at work. While I haven't always satisfied these cravings, I'm wondering if, once again, this is actually my mind wanting to eat rather than the body needing it. (Why does this happen?)


And lastly, mornings. I really want to train in the mornings, but it hasn't happened. I know Michelle Bridges says "go into robot mode", but I'm never in robot mode - maybe this is why I struggle to stick to a plan.

***

So one third of the way through my 12 week transformation and these are my yays and nays. I've learnt that I can't just focus on my strengths - I've gotten super fit before but it didn't result in any weight loss. Instead, I'm trying to appreciate my weaknesses/struggle points and use them to shape my focus areas. My willpower certainly seems to need more training sessions than my body at the moment. But compared to where I was 4 weeks ago... well I'm much fitter, I've lost a little weight and I'm thinking of ways to make my meals as healthy as possible. I guess I've got plenty to be positive about :)

- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment