Saturday, October 6, 2012

SSS confusion

I have enjoyed the 12wbt 'run rabbit run' Super Saturday Sessions. I guess now that running is easier and I'm more adept at all of the exercises, it isn't such a struggle. I mean, my muscles hurt, especially after doing box jumps, lunges and squats, but I'm finishing the plan with ample time to spare, I only burnt approx 500 calories (well off the 1000 mark) and I don't feel that buggered.


Am I doing something wrong?

I'm adding extra running and circuits to fill the allotted time, but mostly I feel like I need to do another workout session in order to really push myself. In all honesty, it feels like a regular Monday to Friday session... there is nothing 'Super' about it.

While I'm happy to go rogue here and add extra exercises or a class/workout dvd, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something or if anyone has any advice. I'm absolutely thrilled that I'm getting fitter, but I need to burn those calories as weekends always have red flags.

What should I do?

- Dani

3 comments:

  1. It's brilliant that you're getting fitter. A number of people are having the same issue in regards to not burning enough with the workout. I'm thinking maybe go to the next level i.e from beginner to intermediate? or do as you already are and just run more or do it twice! hehehe that would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Well that's good to know. There are so many 12wbt forum threads, it can be hard to keep track. I considered trying intermediate workouts, but my strength/toning is still definitely at beginner level. Hmm a double session... maybe I'll try it and let you know.
      Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  2. Yup I was going to say go up a level for cardio. Stay on Beginner for the strength/tone days, nothing says you can't do that. :)

    ReplyDelete