Monday, October 29, 2012

back on my bike

As a 12wbter, I had a fairly catastrophic week last week. But as a social, fun-loving, twenty-something, I had a fantastic (albeit exhausting) week.

Having abandoned my entire exercise routine for the week, I decided that it was better to get active than dwell on my failures. So I got active!

Dan and I went for a 2 hour bike ride on Sunday afternoon, and discovered a few places in Melbourne I never knew existed.

Princes Pier, Port Melbourne


Under the West Gate Bridge

Near Westgate park


I'm not thrilled that I was so undisciplined last week - it is something that I really need to work on. But I feel less guilty than I have in the past, so I think my mindset is improving. I am learning more about myself, the health/exercise/life balance that suits me and what keeps me motivated (and on-track).

Frivolity is great, but it is just one piece of the complex puzzle that is my crazy, slowly-transforming life. So I plan on being a very obedient 12wbter this week.

- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment