Monday, October 15, 2012

weekend snippets

What a weekend! It wasn't jam packed, but it had some great moments.

Friday night 
A nice drop of red, lovely food and time spent with Dan. Ah bliss! But I didn't want to ruin my first group training session, so after my second glass of wine (yes, I had two and I don't regret it) I hit the hay.

Saturday
I joined some lovely Inner Melb 12wbters for an early group Super Saturday Session, which was supposed to be a skipping pyramid, but due to a couple of injuries was mostly a step-up pyramid. These ladies are definitely fitter than me, but it was good to be pushed (and not fall flat on my face).

We were out there for two hours and by the time I got home and organised breakfast I couldn't believe that the morning was nearly over. 

Post-SSS brekky

Having achieved so much in the morning I was in a pro-active mood. A few domestic chores later, I got started on a let's-jazz-up-the-apartment mini project.

I've been experimenting with herbs in the house lately, but we use herbs so often that the plants don't live long. So I decided I need herbs AND other plants, etc, to bring a little greenery inside, and what better plant to use than the also practical Aloe Vera.


This little creation now lives in the bathroom and I'm looking forward to adding a few extra touches to the rest of the apartment. This spring vibe is making me wanting to add a splash of colour to everything!

By this stage I was famished so I snacked on soy crisps and peanut butter sandwiches... which I wholeheartedly regret. Not because they were unhealthy or that I ate too much (neither of which is true), but because after such an action packed morning I should have organised a proper meal. Being hungry and eating whatever is around in the house is a habit I really want to break.

Exhaustion was well and truly taking over, so after a cheeky nap, we ventured out for a movie night. 

Lawless - it was pretty good

Sunday
I dosed up on water, had a small breakfast and headed to the Red Cross Blood Bank donor centre. But my blood wasn't in the mood to play nice (my flow rate was ridiculously low), so I had a few lovely nurses constantly checking up on me. One practically had to hold my hand to get my flow rate up.

Post-donation milkshake

The sun was shining so we headed to Mornington for a late lunch. We basked in the sunshine eating divine food at DOC. Sigh. It almost felt like I was on holiday.


Alas, I'm not on holiday, but at least we got to enjoy a beautiful sunset as we drove back to the city.


- Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment